Coordinated Transit Planning in Toronto
Five major transit initiatives are all interrelated:
- GO Regional Express Rail (RER)
- SmartTrack concept
- Yonge Relief Network Study
- Scarborough Subway Extension
- Relief Line
Other projects are also planned, under construction and completed:
We are currently in the process of undertaking the integrated assessment of these projects through detailed ridership modelling. Work on each project will inform the analysis of the other projects.
The Relief Line project is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the City, TTC and Metrolinx. Link to MOU
An Updated Transportation Model
An updated transportation model will help us understand how each project is related.
Key features of the GTAModel V4.0 model include:
- Covers the entire Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area
- Calibrated using current travel survey information
- Explicitly represents individuals and households
- Trips are modelled for entire 24-hour week-day time period (using five time periods)
- Considers crowding effects on the transit system and fare differences
Current Public Engagement
The City, TTC and Metrolinx are currently engaging the public on the SmartTrack concept (including the Eglinton West SmartTrack corridor), GO Regional Express Rail, Relief Line and Scarborough Subway Extension.